Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Posts Go "Boom Boom Boom!"

Get the Song Outta My Head!

And let the comics and writing back in! I have been getting back to listening to a bulk of my subscribed podcasts this past week and catching up on those that I have missed recently. The good thing is that I can listen at my day gig or while I am inking. I can't listen when I a thumbing or drawing because my thoughts go "Boom Boom Boom" ... Err oh no I apologize for that ...

Ok. My point is that I tend to listen to podcasts when my mind is doing repetitive mindless tasks Sometimes inking is this for me ... OK! I know inking shouldn't be this for me as I have a long way to go ... Inking is something I am working on and I am still doing lots of experimenting with line weight in Manga EX and by hand.




Dramatica - I listened to a podcast and "Comics Are Great" Podcast Finding Story Through Math where host Jerzy Drozd and guest Luis Escobar discuss the use of Dramatica a computer writing program that assists you in getting your ideas out on paper and arranging them in an orderly flow chart like story. There are some interesting things that Dramatica can do like tighten up your story but sorry my friends! It can't give you story ideas. You can learn more here but the podcast is definitley a good place to start.

A comment on these types of programs whether they be story or art related. There is no substitute for doing it yourself. You must practicing your craft! The act of doing will make you a better but it takes work . Don't go invest hundreds of dollars in these programs thinking they will do the work for you or make you the next big thing in any of these disciplines. What will do this is work, lots of hard work! Mind you, after doing the work and you need a "slight push," these programs may help you but as I said they aren't substitutes for any phase of the learning process....

Future Furniture:

I need a new computer table as the one I have likes to move when I am using my Wacom tablet and it's really starting to bug me...

I wish my Uncle was still in the furniture making business as he made beautiful stuff...

I was going to make one myself but it looks like the cost of wood is pointing me towards any sale at the local (insert big block store name here) store.

I want a corner table with room for monitor and storage underneath. If you have any ideas send me an Email...


My Art Week:

I have doing more thumbs for my Mini Comic including thi here study on poses and shade/ black blocking...

RA Super Dog 1
Scribble

RA Super Dog 2
1st Pose

RA Super Dog 4
Changed Pose with blocking...


Not much reading this week in any of the previously mentioned books and therefore I don't want to comment until I have finished them...

As always my friends sit down and create (or stand) if you are at an easel!

ArrrOOooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment