Saturday, April 23, 2011

Live the Life You Love...

And Love the Life You Live...





People need to have food, shelter and social interaction to survive.

I think many are going through the motions day to day without enjoying themselves.

We need to stop and prioritize because if we don't, we cease being who we want to be!

Drop the Heavy Bags
!

I am a middle aged man now and I have realized this in my art as well as my life. What we need do is make up for it.



Baggage slows you down in life and in art. We need to purge and in purging you learn about yourself.

That you can get by with less. You will find this is true in life and in art.


My Art Week:

I upgraded to Artrage Studio from Artrage 2.6. It was my treat this week. I didn't go to pro because I didn't see the added need or expense. I started with the pencil tool and liked it.



Then decided to use the colour tools (especially the watercolour brush). The colour tools in this program and the brush tools are the closest I have found to the fluidity of real brushes in a computer program, especially at their decent price.






It's funny, I have put down Manga Ex to concentrate on colour and I like it! But everyone is different, and you can try before you buy. Find the Artrage Studio Pro 30 day demo here

Mini Me:

I'm 6 foot 2 so I'm not that mini, but I have about two months to get my mini comic in and I am delayed. Yes. My friends have said that about me! No. I am drawing. I am actually working on perspective and proportion exercises as I am in need of improvement in this area so the mini will look better!

Others Peoples Art Weeks:

My Internet friend Rene van Belzen has been working on mini comics too. He doesn't just "talk the talk, he walks the walk!" He is one very interesting Dude! (I don't know how to write dude in Dutch) Follow him here at "So Much to Do D"o Little Time!" or on the Twitters @rvbelzen

"We create, so you don't have to!"

Err I mean get out there and create!!!

ArrrOOooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment