Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mad Inks and Colours

So the World Cup is on... So??? It is quite the spectacle but I'd rather play soccer or "footie" as the rest of the world calls it.

Drawing. Always. But I have been working in Smith Micro's Anime Studio 6 (Debut version) a flash "type" animation program. Yes. I do tend to get side tracked. The good thing is that it still requires drawing... They have updated the program. It is NOT traditional 2d animation but then that means less repetitive drawing. And they are up to version 7. I haven't upgrade yet as I can't find my key code... I have some basic animations done and I'll link them from Youtube when I'm done...

As for my comic work. I am still at it. There is a 8 page mini comic challenge that ends today on the Art and Story Supreme member forum (sign up for a 15 day trial membership and tell em Jahhdog sent ya!) and I have one almost done. I am torn between inking it by hand or scanning it into Manga Studio Debut 4 and inking it there... I know what the faster option is. Can you guess???

Inking is not my forte. It requires a steady hand that can complete that long line. I like the look of a good analog/hand inked sketch (not mine) I said GOOD!!! I have the pens both manga type pen brushes and I have the brushes and I have the quill pens... These methods also require a clean work space not something I am proficient at as my co workers, friends and family will tell you...

So here is my previous self portrait coloured in Manga Studio Debut 4. Basic colouring for my now avatar. What a handsome devil eh?



I use these programs because they are relatively inexpensive and have been recommended to me by other professional artists. That doesn't mean they are the best option out there. They do have free trials associated with them though. So you can try before you buy...

I will post my 8 pager later this week. I also inked a daily drawing challenge and I will post that too!

Drop me a line or comment if you have any questions!

ArrrOOooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment