Monday, September 21, 2009

Embrace Your Inner Geek!


Some may call it not growing up!

I call it "embracing the inner geek!"

I was watching a show the other night with "my Goddess" and on that show a boyfriend/girlfirend in their mid twenties were talking, he mentions that he forgot something because he had to pick up his weekly comic books. The guy's character is a film school graduate (working as a videographer to pay bills) who reads comic books and the girlfriend is a school teacher. He asks his gf to marry him and she doesn't answer spouting (later in the show to a friend) she wish he'd grow up! In the end she says yes (it is TV after all) but it got me to thinking. No. Not about when will "I" grow up? But have I really embraced my inner geek?

I am a mid 40 year old married guy who loves movies, music, games and books!

All genres all the time!

In those genres I love, there are some that are frowned upon by the general public!?! I love all things horror. I love comic books, I love Sci fi but I also love watching sports, playing hockey, running, my wife, my guitar and on and on...

Genres...

Genres come and go but Geeks are FOREVER!!!

DISCLAIMER!!! The picture isn't me!!! I'm MUCH GEEKIER!!! YARRRR!

No comments:

Post a Comment