Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Heat is ON!!!


Some thought we'd be wearing sweaters all Summer!

They thought that sun screen would never be needed again!

They expected to have their snow shovels out in August!

Guess what?!? THEY WERE WRONG!

Yep it is the middle of August and we're having a heatwave! A wonderful heatwave! Blah, blah, blah...

I work outside and I like it! The heat? Well it offers different challenges than cold, ice and snow... You can dress up for cold weather but you can only take so much off before your labelled a "pervert" and the police are called in... But enough about me ;)

I can live with the heat. I have heard enough "cottage criers" telling me 'bout sweaters on the beach in June and July. Yes it broke my heart! But seriously, it sucks for the tourist market when they can't get people to rent water sport vehicles and it sucks at the beach when no one is "at the beach"! When we have gone through some pretty tough time recently everyone needs a break!
So I can put up with the heat!

I hydrate, I wear sunblock (OK honey, I "try" to remember to wear sunblock) and I sit down when I feel the "dizzies" Hard to believe eh? But when you are carrying 40 to 60 lbs and walk 10 to 12 kliks in 35 degree heat, you sometimes get the "dizzies"...

Yep. I put up with the heat, like I put up with rude people and lousy drivers. I live with it and you can too. Even if you don't like it because before you know it it will get cold!

Now where did I put that shovel again?
ArrrOOooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment